Tuesday, March 20, 2007

stay at home dood


that's what i tell myself: that i'm a stay at home dude who is independently wealthy and so is able to ski and ride and play at will. damn me, for i wish it were so but i actually have to work piddley-ass jobs as a cover... i mean, to pay the bills. there aren't many bills because i've made sacrifices: i own cars that are long paid for and i have a 90's style "pre-paid" cell phone so i don't get stuck on some plan. how the hell will i know where i'm going to be in 1-2 years?

i hate it when people say to me that i'm so lucky because i can "travel so much", or "afford to work such fun jobs", or can "ski and ride your bike so much". como? come again? two things in rebuttal:

do you think that this lifestyle comes to me so easily and that i haven't/that i am not now paying my dues? if you knew what it took for me to live this way you'd call me irresponsible, or worse, because i'm not earning or saving in my "prime working years" like the rest of you, i.e. i'm not saving or living for the future.

secondly, if its so great then why aren't you doing it? i'll tell you: because you don't have the balls! it takes guts and foresight that our society just doesn't teach us because it doesn't approve. it doesn't approve because we aren't working in our prime years. do you know how much i pay in taxes to our worthless president these years? little if anything... i should be getting money from the rich for living below the poverty line like i do. do you know how much i am contributing to the countries GNP? ask me if i care. actually, this is why i should be admired if for any reason. i am not choosing my path for any reason except that it is the path of my heart. can you honestly say that you have chosen yours?

yes, i'm very very lucky: i have an almost free place to stay in the wintertime (i love you mom and dad) and i live in my RV or "on tour" the rest of the time. its a good life... for now.

No comments: