Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Winter's Here & How!

It's been months since I've posted... I've hardly posted on Dougnog, but since my good blog-run during my Colombia travels (vueltacolombia.blogspot.com) I've been meaning to do more. I can backlog: I've got the journals and the pictures, but do I have the time to start looking backwards too?

My summer and fall have been about the bike, but as of last week its been a swift transition to a life about the skis. Cyclocross season ended just over a week ago and I've hardly looked back. I'm stoked to finally put that behind me despite it being a highlight of my year and a successful run, but it takes so damn much out of you for only 1-hour a week. More on that later, or maybe, earlier!

Last Thursday I got in my first ski since Thanksgiving in Silverstar (B.C. Canada) and I'm back off the wagon -- I'm an addict! Yesterday I put in over 3-hours at Icicle/Hatchery, 48-kms, and today I skied about 2-1/2 hours, 40-kms by my estimation and at Ski Hill and the Golf Course. Yesterday was perfect bluebird and grooming, everyone skied like a hero.

I haven't had a chance to ski the Chiwawa-Fish Lake tracks yet this year, but here's a wonderful thing from last year.

No comments: