Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Stumped in Stumptown

What's wrong with this picture?
There's mud, there's blood, there's NO beer!

I don't want to talk about it, okay!

I'm tired of looking backwards, and am having to become the optimist these days, always looking for that thread of hope on the horizon. But at this point I only have one race left with which to place these hopes. And it just so happens its the only race on the calendar all year that has really mattered: Natz!

Instead, let's just talk about the first 1/3 or 1/2 of the Portland USGP races this past weekend. Lets just say that on Saturday at about 2-3 laps into the 6 lap race that I was winning! Yeah, I kicked everyone's butt... until I rolled that tubie. Are you familiar with this acronym: DNF?

Day 3 I won the first lap and I won at a few points on subsequent laps, but lap 3 I dropped my chain, lap 4 I dropped a pedal (yes, pedal), and lap 5 I dropped all the air in one tire. I was the 5th loser on the day.

Front and center start: no excuses possible.

Aha, there's me off the front with Wissink.

There's DQ off the front (of this picture).

Shane railin it!

Kian has the Daddy Done Me Wrong blues
(or is Daddy just projecting?)

No comments: