Friday, January 04, 2013

First Ride Of 2013: Just A Commute

RT Commute:
26-miles (13-miles x2)
1:45minutes
Easy with some power surges.

**Sunny but very brisk this morning but I loved it -- the sunnier and brisker the better!  Ice in spots and had a few tense moments on black ice.  I felt great out there after 2 days off: New Years day eating too much, drinking too much beer, getting fat in front of the TV in Flagstaff but putting it in the bank.  Yesterday was an all-day travel day. In bed by 9:30 along with the kiddo and slept great, 9-hours. 

I'm stoked right now to have pulled the plug on the remainder of my CX season due to the lingering back issues I have had that plagued the majority of my season this year.  I had only a handfull of worthy races this year in which everything really felt good despite feeling physically great in many more -- its hard to have a good race and give it when you're back is coming apart and the hamstrings start seizing. 

No comments: