Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dougnog Revival!

I've been meaning to get this thing going again for a good while now, so now's the time (how many times have I started like that?): on the eve of my '011 cyclocross debut its time to start logging and blogging my stats and thoughts and pics. The baby-blog is still going strong despite a few off-months of posting, but my personal blogging has long taken a back seat. One might think I'd given up cycling altogether, but o contrair mon frer, I'm still out there suffering along with the best of 'em.

This summer is being dubbed The Summer of the Crash. I'm leary calling it The Year of the Crash because I'm really hoping to put an end to this bad habit I've gotten into. Four, 4, quattro, this many: ++++! That's a whole lotta crashing for one body in one short summer and I'm quite sick of it. The money I've shelled out in bandages is killing me, and I'm tired of the hours of cleaning and screaming it takes just to clean the bits of dirt and tarmac out of my poor skin afterwards. You'd think that cross season would be kinder and gentler, but 2 of the 4 were on my cross bike. Enough, I'm knocking on wood right now and committing to keeping the rubber and the muddy side down.

Stay tuned, more blogginess happening atcha!

No comments: