Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wenatchee Omnium '09

Veloce cleaned up. In the Masters race.

DQ and I were the Team Veloce representatives and we've raced this one together before, and knowing what we were up against this weekend we wanted the overall. We were both on form this weekend but didn't realize just how good we were: I swept all 3 stages and so took 1st overall, and Dan-O was right behind and he got 3rd GC. Together in the crit we took all but 1 prime, and so it ended up being a pretty profitable time for us.



Actually, I wasn't wearing my Veloce kit but my Seattle team's, Second Ascent. We had a big turnout in the lessor categories (Cat 5, 4, 3) and they were all hanging out at the finish line beer garden for the crit. Here's a pic of the official finish. The team was wondering what I was doing at the line: blowing kisses or calling out my beer order? Yep.

No comments: