Thursday, December 11, 2008

This Just In From KC...

It's snowing!

This wasn't in the forecast and so it just can't be happening. Moisture has not been my friend this year and I'm cautiously expecting it to stop any second. Wunderground tells me that the forecast is dry, so again, it can't be happening, yet I'm watching the white stuff hit the deck and quickly fizzle into a shiny wet glimmer on the pavement outside the hotel.

The hotel! When I left Seattle a few hours ago I wasn't sure where I was staying this weekend, I had absolutely nothing planned and was pulling a Dougie by waiting until the actual last second. But I had friends from all four winds rolling into KC this weekend and I knew something would turn up, and lo-and-behold, I had a message from an ABQ buddy on my phone when I touched down in Denver that they had space. Moments after landing in KC I found out exactly which hotel and had a bead on a shuttle from the airport, so I'm glad that I held off on renting a car too. I just checked-in and the room is mine until John and Dave arrive from their 10-hour drive from NM... they are still a few hours out and say that its clear and dry where they are at. Yeah, this snow really isn't happening.

To all my fans who are anxiously awaiting my next update and have my page set on a 10-second auto reload, I bid you adieau and goodnight, and until my next update... pray for dry!

No comments: